A major challenge
Using indispensable amino acids in feeds, an undeniable factor in environmental progress
Using amino acids in feed makes it possible to obtain an appropriate and balanced feed for each animal species according to its physiological stage. The amino acids supply consequently allows the dietary protein level to be lowered while improving livestock performance.
This lowering of the dietary protein level leads in particular to a significant decrease of slurry production and contributes to reduce:
- olfactory nuisances (caused by ammonia emission) and the associated air pollution,
- nitrogen excretion from animal husbandry and therefore the risk of polluting soil and water with ammonia and nitrates.
The production plant: environmental impact under control
Using raw materials of agricultural origin (carbohydrates) in fermentation processes, then fractioning, extraction and purification of amino acids in an aqueous medium, makes our activity from an environmental point of view comparable to the Food Industry.
The AJINOMOTO Group, whose industrial activity is devoted to the manufacture of food products and amino acids by fermentation processes, has clearly laid out its policy, in terms of research and development, to reduce the environmental impact of its activities by perfecting technologies that minimize industrial wastes and promote recycling.
In this context, AJINOMOTO EUROLYSINE S.A.S., in addition to meeting its legal obligations, undertakes:
- to ensure the integration of its activity into the natural and social local environment, and to prevent the risk of pollution,
- to take into account in the development of its manufacturing processes and in its investments, the environmental impact aspect as well as their technico-economic feasibility,
- to integrate the dimension of continuous improvement by introducing an environmental management system.
The entire AJINOMOTO EUROLYSINE S.A.S. workforce has been made aware of this policy and is contributing to the attainment of improvement objectives.